Slow Drain in your bathroom? Try these fixes
SLOW DRAIN | COMMON CLOGS AND FIXES
When it comes to clogs in the home, we’ve seen it all! Dean’s Drain Cleaning professionals have unclogged toilets in Minneapolis, fixed blockages in Brooklyn Park, and even repaired sewer lines in St. Paul, MN! (And everywhere in between)
Where Do Clogs Occur
We’ve found that the bathroom and kitchen are the most commonplace that issues have occurred. The build-up that collects in your pipes and drains over time is natural, eventually reducing the size of your drain. Maintenance and being aware of what you’re putting down your drains are the best way to avoid needing a professional.
Common Bathroom Sink and Shower Clogs
- Soap Scum
- Beard Trimmings
Common Kitchen Sink Clogs
- Grease and oil
- Coffee grounds
- Pasta and oatmeal
- Fibrous vegetables
- Potato peels
Slow Drain DIY Fix
If you’re looking for an option you can do yourself, try some of these easy-to-follow tips to fix basic drainage problems.
Dean’s Club Membership – Drain Evaluation
An annual drain evaluation from Dean’s Home Services is just one of many benefits of a Dean’s Club Membership and a great way to ensure that drains in your home are properly maintained. Ed’s a Drain tech with Dean’s Home Services and in the video below, he explains how to know your drains are running smoothly.
CLEAR A GREASE BUILD-UP IN YOUR KITCHEN SINK USING DISH SOAP
- Pour or squeeze ½ cup of Dawn® dish detergent down the drain. For a tougher clog, use 1 full cup.
- Let the detergent work its way down the drain for 30 minutes. This allows it to coat the drain pipe.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil while during the end of the 30 minutes.
- Remove the kettle from the stove and carefully carry it to the room with the drain you are trying to clear. Slowly pour the kettle of water down the drain, being careful not to splash yourself.
- Run the hot water to completely flush the drain, and if the water is draining properly, you’re done. It’s still slow, repeat steps 1 through 5.
MORE ADVICE AND TIPS FROM DEAN’S HOME SERVICES
- Free annual evaluations
- 10% discount on repairs and equipment
- Priority scheduling
- No regular travel charges
- Discounted after-hours travel charges