Why Are There Bubbles in My Sink?
What are the bubbles in my sink?
Are you hearing a strange gurgling sound coming from your sink? Bubbles in your sink and strange sounds can be a sign of trouble with your plumbing.
Here’s why you might see bubbles or hear gurgling in your sink — and what you can do to fix this common plumbing problem.
Why are there bubbles?
If you see bubbles or hear gurgling noises coming from your drain, it means that there is air trapped inside. While air is a natural part of your plumbing, it becomes a problem when pressure builds and affects the seal in your sink’s P-trap (forming bubbles). If there is pressure in your drain, when water flows down the drain, a vacuum will pull air through the P-trap, causing gurgling noises and bubbles.
THERE ARE A FEW REASONS WHY THIS PRESSURE IS BUILDING IN YOUR SINK DRAIN.
- The P-Trap is not installed correctly. If the vent is not installed the correct distance from the P-trap, you could get this gurgling sound developing.
- Your drain is clogged. When the main vents are blocked, flushing a toilet or draining a tub can cause your sink to gurgle. It can be hard to diagnose exactly where in your home the blockage is. If you can’t find the clog, a professional plumbing technician will be able to diagnose the problem and find your clogged drain.
If you run into any problems with your home plumbing, don’t hesitate to give our professional technicians a call or you can also contact us here.
Follow us on social media for more plumbing tips and tricks!
- Free annual evaluations
- 10% discount on repairs and equipment
- Priority scheduling
- No regular travel charges
- Discounted after-hours travel charges