Your Winter Maintenance Checklist
Is your home ready for the cold winter nights to come? With a little annual maintenance, your home will be ready to endure the new season. This winter maintenance checklist will ensure the basics are covered!
Winter Maintenance Checklist:
- Clean Your Gutters – Clogged gutters can cause water to build, freeze and expand on cold nights. After the leaves around your home have fallen, clean out your gutters to prevent damage and flooding during the winter.
- Schedule Furnace Service – It’s time to schedule your annual furnace maintenance! This will ensure that your heating system is running smoothly and efficiently (and that you’re not wasting money on your energy bills).
- Seal Your Windows & Doors – Make sure that all the cracks and gaps around your windows and doors are sealed for the winter. This will ensure that you don’t end up with a high heating bill.
- Drain and Turn Off Your Sprinklers – You will want to drain your irrigation system for the winter. Leaving water in plumbing pipes can cause leaks and burst pipes!
- Store Garden Hoses – Now that the temperatures have dropped, you’ll want to disconnect your outdoor garden hoses. Leaving the hose attached over the winter months can cause the plumbing to your garden hose to freeze, expand and crack the pipes. Shut off any water supply valves leading to your outdoor faucets to prevent leaks next spring.
If you run into any problems with your home heating, plumbing or drains, don’t hesitate to give us a call! Our professional technicians are here to help things run smoothly year round. You can also visit our website to learn more about the services we offer at Dean’s Professional Plumbing, Heating, Air & Drain.
Contact the expert technicians at Dean’s Professional Plumbing, Heating, Air & Drain:
Follow us on social media for more plumbing tips and tricks!