5 Plumbing Mistakes You’re Making At Home
Posted on February 16th, 2017 by Dean's Plumbing
Do you consider yourself handy around the house? While we love DIY projects, we also want to make sure that homeowners don’t cut corners when it comes to their plumbing systems. Here are a few plumbing mistakes you’ll want to make sure that you avoid.
5 Plumbing Mistakes You’re Making:
- You’re Putting Everything Down the Garbage Disposal – You shouldn’t treat your garbage disposal like you do your garbage can. In fact, many household foods can damage your garbage disposal and clog your drains. Keep stringy vegetables, starchy pastas, grease and hard bones from meat out of your garbage disposal drain.
- You Have a Shower Caddy Hanging from Your Fixture – Shower caddies can add a lot of convenience to your bathroom, but find one that hangs on the wall or in the corner of your shower. Shower caddies that hang from your showerhead can put too much strain on the fixture, causing an eventual leak.
- You’re Relying on Liquid Drain Cleaner – Slow draining sink? Don’t reach for the liquid drain cleaner! This common household product can actually damage your home plumbing pipes — and they often don’t clear up the problem. It’s better to leave clogged drains to a plumber.
- You Flush Wet Wipes Down the Toilet – You should never flush anything other than toilet paper and waste down your toilet. Even moist toilettes can clog your drains.
- You’re Pulling Faucet Handles Too Hard – You may be tempted to fix a faucet leak by jiggling the handle, but pushing or pulling on a faucet handle too hard can exacerbate the problem!
If you do run into any problems at all with your home plumbing, don’t hesitate to reach out to our professional technicians here at Dean’s Professional Plumbing, Heating, Air & Drains. We are here to help you with all of your home plumbing needs! Visit our website to learn more about our services or give us a call directly.
Contact our experts at:
St. Paul: 651-237-9190
North Metro: 763-515-4852