During the summer months, we tend to keep our windows shut tight. However, although this keeps cool air inside (where you want it), it also keeps dust, mold, pet dander and other allergens inside, too. If you suffer from seasonal allergies or you’re just looking to improve your indoor air quality, try a few of these tips this weekend.
How to Improve Indoor Air Quality:
- Vacuum Your Floors – Use a vacuum cleaner with a strong suction to thoroughly clean the dust and dirt out of your carpet. You should vacuum two times a week to make sure that your floors free of allergens.
- Don’t Forget to Mop – For wooden and tiled floors, mopping can help pick up any dust that vacuuming leaves behind. You can even use a microfiber mop to capture more dust and dirt.
- Install a Dehumidifier – Control the humidity level in your home! Air that is too humid can serve as a breeding ground for dust mites and mold. A dehumidifier can help you reduce moisture in the air and control your allergy symptoms.
- Change Your Air Filters – Your air conditioning unit has a filter inside that catches dirt, dust and other particles from being circulated throughout your home. Over time, this air filter can become dirty and clogged. You should check your filter periodically and change it when it needs to be cleaned.
- Use Your Exhaust Fans – After taking a hot shower, be sure to turn on your exhaust fan! This will help reduce bathroom humidity and prevent mold growth.
If you are looking to improve your home air quality this summer, don’t hesitate to reach out to our professional technicians here at Dean’s Professional Plumbing, Heating, Air & Drain. We can help you keep the air in your home cool and clean!
Contact the expert technicians at Dean’s Professional Plumbing, Heating, Air & Drain:
Follow us on social media for more plumbing tips and tricks!