Did you know that a furnace is only built to last between 14 to 20 years? Pushing it past its very last days will likely leave you with an unnecessary breakdown.
In order to keep your furnace at full capacity and be properly prepared when it’s time for a new one you’ll want to do two main things:
1. Have it checked once a year, every year. Furnace tune-ups should be performed by a professional each fall to ensure your system will make it through the heating season. You can also get minor repair needs and adjustments done before you need to rely on that warm heat.
2. Clean your furnace regularly. Replace your furnace filter regularly to make sure air can properly flow out of your system. It may also be beneficial to sweep dust and dirt out of the inner portion of the unit. A vacuum might be a good idea.
Not sure if your furnace is outdated? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is it more than 14 years old?
- Has your fuel bill been quite high?
- Are there particularly hot or cold spots in your home?
- Have you had your equipment repaired within the last three years?
- Has it been more than a year since your last furnace tune-up?
- Is your furnace noisy?
Did you find yourself saying yes to most or even one of the above questions? You might want to give your professional plumber a call!
Dean’s is available for furnace maintenance, repair, installation and replacement in the Minneapolis region. Call us today at 612. 424.0982 or visit our website for more information.
Are you experiencing a clog so tough that traditional methods of drain cleaning can’t take care of it? You might be in the market for high-velocity water jetting!
Water Jetting is an effective alternative for restoring your drains to a like-new condition. Though snaking and cabling can be sufficient fixes to drains filled with sludge, grease, soap, roots and other foreign materials, you might need something that goes above and beyond to fight through these thick blockages once and for all.
That’s where water jetting comes into play. This technology can pressure wash your drain with up to 4,000 pounds per square inch of water pressure. Voila! Your once clogged drains are now good as new.
Dean’s Professional Plumbing, Heating & Air offers professional drain services to the Twin Cities. Call us today for your water jetting specialist or visit our website for more information.
Thinking of making some changes to your home in the new year? If converting your home heating system from heating oil to gas is on the checklist, you’re certainly on the right track!
Why switch from heating oil to gas?
There are a handful of benefits that come with a gas system in your home. They include the following:
- Increased heating efficiency
- Cleaner & quieter heat
- Decreased maintenance needs
- Greener heating option
- Potential increase in the value of your home
What are you waiting for? We offer professional Minneapolis oil to gas heating system conversions. Though it can be a difficult and confusing process, with the right contractor and the best equipment, you can be reaping these major benefits in no time.
UGH! A clogged drain. No one likes this realization. To ease the impact, fight off clogged drains early – instead of waiting until they are completely backed up to take action.
The minute you notice a sluggish drain you should get out the baking soda and vinegar. Pouring just a ½ cup of baking soda followed by ½ cup of vinegar can get your drain running again quickly. Since the two ingredients will produce a chemical reaction, replace the drain cover loosely and let the drain sit for at least 3 hours before running any water again.
If clogged drains worsen, you may need professional services from your local plumber. At Dean’s, we offer a complete list of drain cleaning & rooter services that can unclog tough drains you alone can’t handle.
For high-velocity water jetting, video camera pipe inspection and other powerful solutions, call us at 612.424.0982 or visit our website for more information.