Pipe Repair Plumbers | Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Pipe Repair and Replacement Services
- Experienced Twin Cities Plumbing repair professionals.
- Fast, clean pipe repair and replacement services.
- Licensed, Certified and Insured Plumbing Professionals.
- Upfront pricing and financing options
Dean’s Home Services can fix any pipe repair in your home!
If you have a burst, cracking, or leaking pipe, call Dean’s Home Services Plumbers for fast, professional water and gas pipe repair. Dean’s Home Services’ professional and fully trained plumbers have years of experience replacing waterlines and repairing pipes from the street all the way up to the faucet. Our expertise will allow us to quickly repair broken pipes with minimal disruption to your home and life.
With over 100 years of combined experience with pipe repairs in Minneapolis – St. Paul, MN, and the surrounding Twin Cities metro, we’re able to help you today! Dean’s Plumbers can fix any frozen or broken pipe, no matter how big or small the problem is. Call us today to have your pipes repaired by our experienced plumbing technicians!
Why Pipes Break
Pipe damage can lead to a variety of plumbing repairs but where does the damage start? Some of the most common reasons why pipes break or become damaged include:
- Freezing or rapid temperature fluctuation: Freezing temperatures or temperature fluctuations can force pipes to warp or buckle. Water trapped within frozen pipes can cause them to burst.
- General corrosion: Pipes corrode for several reasons: If your water is overly acidic or hard if your pipes are older, or if they were installed incorrectly you will likely have some form of pipe corrosion. Rusty, corroded water pipes often sprout a small leak that expands into a larger leak.
- Aging: Pipes wear out and break down naturally over time, especially if they’re made of outdated materials like galvanized piping. Even copper pipes that last 50+ years eventually wear out and need to be replaced.
- Physical damage: The water rushing through pipes can wear on existing physical damage until tiny breaks widen and cause leaks or ruptures.
- High water pressure: If your home’s water pressure is too high, all that pressure could strain your pipes as water flows through them. If you have rattling pipes, it could be due to a water pressure issue.
- Improper installation: If your pipes were installed incorrectly, they will likely wear out sooner or can come undone from their fasteners and begin to leak.
- Low-quality material: Older homes may still use steel pipes or other substandard materials like iron or even lead. These materials are more fragile and wear out faster than their contemporary counterparts. A plumber can help identify what material your pipes are made of and recommend upgrades.
- Long-term cracks: Hairline fractures that accumulate inside pipes as the result of stress can widen over time until they compromise the structural integrity of the pipe itself.
Fast Repiping Services Frozen Pipes
Burst pipes can happen for a number of different reasons, and in Minneapolis, the top reason is frozen pipes. When the winter sets in and the temperatures drop, your uninsulated pipes can freeze, and the water inside them will freeze, too. You already know that water expands when it freezes, and if it happens inside a pipe, a break or split is soon to follow. Tree roots growing into underground pipes and older pipes that have weakened with time are other common reasons for burst pipes in the home. Our Plumbers are experts in diagnosing and frozen pipe repair and replacement.
Burst Pipe Repair
If a pipe bursts inside your home due to a water leak or pinhole leak, it’s crucial that you take quick action and get the situation under control as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the more damage you’ll have to deal with later. Even if you shut off the main water supply and stop the flow, any water that is in your living space will lead to rotting wood, saturated carpets, and mold growth, call Dean’s Plumbers and get the cleanup and repair process started right away.
Lead Pipe Repair & Replacement in Minneapolis – St. Paul, MN
Do I Have Lead Pipes?
Depending on when your home was built, you may have lead pipes that need some professional attention. If it was built prior to the 1970s, then there is a decent chance your household water is flowing through lead pipes. You may also have a mixture of different pipe materials that includes some lead pipes or connections. If you are unsure, some good places to check include underneath the kitchen sink, in the garage or in the basement. Lead pipes are often a dull grey color, which is another sign, although some lead pipes have been painted.
If you’re new to an older area, asking the neighbors may yield results, and if all else fails you can call in your plumber to check it out for you. A plumber will know exactly what to look for and where, so you don’t have to be left wondering. You can just take the required action.
Benefits of Lead Pipe Replacement
It’s no secret that lead is a highly toxic substance and particularly dangerous for children and pregnant women. Lead ingestion can affect behavior and learning potential and can harm internal organs. Not all lead pipes result in contaminated water, but having them updated and replaced with more modern materials is never a bad choice.
When you make the switch to copper or PEX, you’ll have durable pipes that help increase the water flow, save you money on your water bills and eliminate the risk of contamination. New pipes will also reduce the risk of costly water leaks, which is good news for any homeowner.
When Pipes are Damaged, Call Dean’s Home Services
Shutting off the water can be an important first step before calling for burst pipe repair. Many homeowners don’t know where the main shutoff is, and the one under the sink may be stuck or never installed. Let us help you make sure you have working local shutoffs and know where in your basement, yard, or neighborhood connection your main shutoff is.
For a Pipe Repair specialist in the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas, schedule an appointment today.
With Dean’s Pipe Repair Services You Get:
- Over 100 Years of Combined Industry Experience
- We Strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction
- Fast and Reliable Service
- Clean & Friendly Service Professionals