On hot summer days, an inefficient cooling system can be costly. Fortunately, with a few simple changes you can use less energy and save money on your monthly utility bills. Here are a few energy saving tips to consider this summer.
Energy Saving Tips:
- Install a Programmable Thermostat – Programmable thermostats help you save energy and money by managing your air conditioning system more effectively. You can raise the temperature of your home while you are away at work, while still keeping it a comfortable temperature when you’re at home in the evening.
- Turn Off the Lights – Don’t forget to turn off the lights when you leave the room! This simple habit can help you save on your electric bill.
- Lower Your Water Heater Temperature – Your water heater should be set to 120 degrees F. This is the optimal temperature for energy savings and warmth.
- Change Air Filters – Changing or cleaning your HVAC air filters will keep your system running efficiently. This means that your system won’t have to work as hard to keep your home cool.
- Seal Windows and Doors – Check to make sure that your windows and doors don’t have drafts. Drafts can keep cool, air conditioned air from escaping your home.
Looking to upgrade your home HVAC system to a more energy efficient unit this summer? Our professional technicians at Dean’s Professional Plumbing, Heating, Air & Drain are here to help you every step of the way. From picking out the right system for your home to installation to annual maintenance, we can help you keep your home cool for less.
Follow us on social media for more plumbing tips and tricks!