Home Humidity Solutions for Minnesota
Home humidity has a major impact on the comfort of your home. When your home’s air is properly humidified, your whole home feels better.
Expert Humidifier & Dehumidifier Services
- Over 100 years of combined HVAC industry experience in Minneapolis – St. Paul, MN
- Custom solutions for improving the comfort of your home.
Call Dean’s to schedule service
When you need home dehumidifier
- Parts of the house come off as being humid or smell stuffy.
- Paint is flaking, cracking or has condensation marks.
- Mold and mildew development.
- Windows have a large amount of water.
- Operating your air conditioner more than usual to force your home to give the impression of being more enjoyable.
When you need a home humidifier
- Respiratory issues like a sore throat or irritated nasal passages.
- Dry skin and chapped lips.
- Excessive static shock.
- Damage to wood flooring or furnishings.
What Is a Good Indoor Humidity Level?
To get technical … humidity is a measure of how much water vapor, (moisture), is in the air in your home.
Absolute humidity is the amount of moisture present at any temperature, while relative humidity is the amount of moisture in the air compared to the maximum amount of moisture possible at a specific temperature. Indoor humidity is a measure of relative humidity.
With those definitions in mind, what is actually a good indoor humidity level? Is there even a set standard or goal to reach for? Yes! A good indoor humidity level ranges between 40 and 60%. This mid-range is considered the sweet spot when it comes to indoor humidity.
Proper home humidity control can mean lower energy bills
When your home’s humidity levels are maintained at optimal setting, you’ll not only feel more comfortable, but you’ll also be able to keep your thermostat at a more energy-efficient setting.
Dry air in your home can lead to a host of problems including dry skin, scratchy throats, respiratory issues, and irritated noses. These conditions typically occur in the winter months when cold air forces us close our windows and turn on our heat. Dryness in your home also occurs in warmer summer months as the temps remain high.
Home Humidity for Minneapolis – St. Paul, MN
At Dean’s, we take all of these factors into consideration. Our trained technicians will assess your home and help you choose a humidifier that’s right for you. Contact Dean’s for more information.
For a Home Humidity Control specialist in the Twin Cities and the surrounding areas, schedule an appointment today.
With Dean’s Home Humidity Control Services You Get:
- Over 100 Years of Combined Industry Experience
- We Strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction
- Fast and Reliable Service
- Clean & Friendly Service Professionals