No matter how you slice it, there’s just no advice like pro advice! Lucky for you, we’re sharing some of the most useful industry secrets we know.
- Mondays are our busy days. Mondays, and the day after a holiday, actually. From weekend DIY projects gone wrong to overworked plumbing from too much company, we’ve always got a lot of service calls to tackle!
- Stainless steel washing machine hoses are key. We plumbers get a ton of calls for burst washing machine hoses. In fact, this is one of the top homeowner insurance claims! Switching your rubber hose out for a stainless steel one from the get-go can help.
- Liquid drain cleaners are bad news bears! That’s right — step away from the Drain-O! It might help clear your clog, but it can also eat through and erode your pipes.
- Drain strainers work wonders. Don’t let rogue food particles and clumps of hair cause your drain to clog. Placing a strainer over your drains will help catch these troublemakers in the act!
- Nothing is actually “flushable.” Those wipes or sanitary products that claim to be flush-tastic are big, fat fakers! The only thing you should flush if toilet paper — single ply.
- Pipes really can freeze… and do. Insulating your plumbing isn’t just something you can do, it’s something you absolutely should do! That, and winterizing your sprinkler system and shutting off running water to your outdoor faucets.
- Slow drips are fast wallet-drainers. Don’t ignore incessant dripping faucets and running toilets. Not only will they drive you mad, but they’ll drain your wallet, too.
Could you use some more professional advice with your home’s plumbing? If so, call Dean’s! With locations in St. Paul, Minneapolis and the North Metro area, we’re always only just a phone call away no matter where in Minnesota you live!