Changing your air filters is an essential home maintenance task. Clean air filters help keep your system running smoothly, prevents breakdowns, helps you save money and keeps your home a more comfortable (and even) temperature. That said, we know that it’s easy to get caught up in the day to day and forget when to change your air filter. Here are a few different ways that you can remind yourself.
- Set a Reminder on Your Phone – You’ll get a monthly notification to check/change your air filter right in the place you probably look most — your cell phone.
- Make It a Monthly Chore – Make it a habit! After a while, changing your air filter will just become part of your monthly chores.
- Write Reminders on the Filters – Write a reminder on the filter box itself! You can write the month it needs to be changed on each individual filter, and store it in a place you’ll remember to check.
- Time Maintenance with Other Important Events – Associating changing your air filter and looping it in with other chores will help ensure it doesn’t become forgotten.
- Write It Down – Are you more of a post-it note fan? Physically write yourself a reminder!
Is it time for an HVAC tune-up? The new season is the perfect time to schedule a tune-up, right before the cold weather settles in. Give our office a call to schedule your appointment today or visit our website to learn more about the heating and cooling services we offer at Dean’s Professional Plumbing, Heating, Air & Drains.