Hello Fix a Leak Week! Have you heard of the WaterSense sponsored week long celebration meant to motivate homeowners and business owners alike to patch those leaks up?
Either way, we have 5 signs you should join in the festivities thanks to Angie’s List:
- Mold: Thriving on moist & dark areas, a pipe leak is a common cause of mold growth.
- Damaged Walls: When drywall is exposed to water it will begin to bubble, causing your wall, paint or wallpaper to warp, chip or break into pieces.
- Damaged Flooring: Especially if the pipe directly underneath the floor is leaking, you’ll notice your floor beginning to buckle or crack. Tiled floor may even loosen.
- Ceiling Stains: Upper level pipes may expose signs of leakage through the ceiling. Brown or dark ceiling stains tend to appear if water is leaking through to the lower level.
- Musty Smell: With water accumulation comes that earthy smell. If a hidden water leak is left unfixed this can build up quickly.
Notice a similar sign but not sure if you’re definitely the culprit of a leaky pipe? Leave us a note on our Facebook page or give us a call at 612.424.0982.
Specializing in plumbing repairs, small or large, Dean’s Professional Plumbing Heating Air & Drains has been serving Minneapolis for over 35 years.