5 Simple Ways Unclog Your Toilet
Posted on November 28th, 2017 by Dean's Plumbing
We’ve all been there before — you hit the lever to go in for a flush and nothing happens. Or worse, water begins to rise up instead of going down. Bummer! Looks like you’ve managed to clog the porcelain throne. Quick! Check out these six simple fixes to get that clog clear in no time!
- The Plunger: Ahh — your first line of defense. Every home should have one nearby the bathroom. You can even up the ante by purchasing one with a flange, or bell shape.
- Baking Soda & Vinegar: Plunger out of order or none in sight? Pour a cup of baking soda into the bowl and wait a few minutes (let’s say 10). Then slowly pour two cups of vinegar in and watch your clog bubble up and out! Finally, give it a flush.
- Dish Soap & Hot Water: Out of the ingredients above? No problem! We bet you have some soap and water handy — or at least we hope. Boil a gallon of water on the stove and add some dish soap to the bowl as it heats. Slowly pour the hot water into the bowl, let it sit for a few, and then flush.
- The Plumbing Snake: Time to call in some heavier “artillery.” A trusty plumbing snake can help loosen up the clog and flush it away. Just make sure you use a toilet-safe snake to avoid scratching the bowl!
- Dean’s Professional Plumbing: When in doubt, let the pros come out! Clogged toilets are no match for the team at Dean’s. Don’t drive yourself crazy trying to unclog a stubborn bowl — Just Call Dean’s!
With more than 35 years of combined industry experience under our belt, we’re confident there’s no plumbing, heating or cooling issue we can’t handle. And with locations in St. Paul, Minneapolis and the North Metro area, there’s no toilet trouble in the Twin Cities we can’t fix!